Monday, September 12, 2016

MFT September Release Replay



It's time for My Favorite Things Release Replay, when the design team 
shares fresh ideas and more inspiration using the latest release.

I love Release Replay because it gives me a chance to get out of my comfort
zone and try something new. I chose to play with the Big Hello Die-namics
 and use watercoloring as the coloring medium. I was also trying to channel
my teammate Yoonsun, who is so gifted at watercoloring.


I wet two sheets of watercolor card stock with clean water and painted both
sheets with Distress inks, making them nearly identical on color placement.
I wasn't too concerned if the colors blended on their own.


I die cut the sentiment three times from one panel and adhered it to the
second watercolored panel. I popped in some of the letters, but not all of them,
for a bit of interest. Both panels were cut with the rectangle element from
Blueprints 25 and adhered to a card base. I finished off the card with some
white ink spatters and white Nuvo Crystal Drops.

For more inspiration from the design team, visit today's Release Replay
post at My Favorite Things! Thanks for stopping by!





5 comments:

  1. Oh that's a very cool card! Sounds like a fun technique! Good for you to step out of your comfort zone and try something new, but this card is still very "Donna" to me! And that's a good thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so like this design idea! Those Nuvo drops add a nice touch, mimicking the water drops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is AWESOME! Your technique is very clever. I'm going to stash that idea away in my toolbox. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woweeee! A great card and one I'll have to remember to try out sometime. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete