Sunday, July 3, 2016

MFT July Release Countdown Day 2



It's Day 2 of My Favorite Things July Release Countdown! Are your wish lists growing?

Today I'm sharing some prehistoric fun with You're Rawr-some--a set of dinosaurs
and punny sentiments. Instead of coloring the images, I created a quick and easy
card with a chalkboard look.


I stamped the dinosaurs on Black Licorice card stock with Sweet Tooth
pigment ink and lightly inked the edges to resemble a chalkboard. I added some
squiggles of color with Prismacolor pencils, and white embossed the sentiment
on a banner strip. The card was finished off with enamel dots.


Have you ever tried the chalkboard technique? It's fast, fun, and forgiving
and works especially well with outline images like these dinos.

Visit today's countdown post at My Favorite Things to see more from the rest
of the design team, and don't forget to leave a comment there for a chance
to win a $100 MFT gift voucher! Thanks for stopping by today!



28 comments:

  1. Really creative card. Love the chalkboard look and the sentiment is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chalk-like dinosaurs are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is really cool. Love the chalkboard look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooo cute. I love the look of the white (and the colors) on the black.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the chalkboard effect. Fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the chalkboard effect. Fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job with the chalkboard dinos! Nice surprise. black and white contast with a little neon color thrown in...so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job with the chalkboard dinos! Nice surprise. black and white contast with a little neon color thrown in...so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card and play on words. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always forget to use the chalkboard technique until I see it done. This looks so cool. Love the accents with colored pencil!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE that chalkboard look!! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't see you work with black/chalkboard much - at least not since I've been following you - I love this card and how you still incorporated your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a wonderful idea! Your chalkboard dinos are just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such fun card with chalkboard look, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the chalkboard look of this card. Great Bday card for the little dino lover.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it on the black background ! So cute .

    ReplyDelete
  17. Clever card love the chalkboard look!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Clever card love the chalkboard look!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this card, love the chalkboard feel to it

    ReplyDelete