Monday, November 3, 2014

Crafty Friends


I love sentiment stamps. After background stamps, they run a close second.
I especially love mixed font sentiments or the latest trend of sentiments
with a handwritten look.

Over the weekend I got inky with Hero Arts' Crafty Friends and distress inks.
 

 See the background? It was a boo boo. The craft sheet was inked and sprayed
with water and just as I was about to place the card on top....

it slipped from my hand.

I picked up the card and liked the results so I let it dry as is. I like the white showing
around all that color. And no, I don't think I could ever duplicate it again.
I trimmed and mounted it to some Studio Calico patterned paper which is also
composed of handwritten words. I like the artsy fartsy look. (Pardon me for saying "fartsy")

Oh, and back to the stamp, it's the handwriting of stamping friend Heather Ruwe.
Quite awesome, isn't it? You can read all about how it came to be here.


And even though my card has just a sprinkling of gold sequins and a spatter of gold ink, 
I'm going to link this up to Virginia's View Challenge #9 which is all about metallics....and bling!

Thanks for stopping by today!


20 comments:

  1. Love the mistake... we'll all be nonchalantly throwing our card bases into puddles of color now, Donna!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful boo boo! Love your fab card Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your card Donna....Heathers Handwritten Sentiment stamp is so much Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Donna! So artsy, i love it!!
    Hugs from Chi-Town~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna this is gorgeous, how you do ink so well my friend. Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing card, Donna! Love these happy and bright colors. And I'm crazy about sentiment stamps too. They just make me happy! Love this sentiment too! Have a great week. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bright pretty "boo boo" card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna I love the background it looks FUN and FUNKY..modern look Donna..
    I am sorry if I am so less visiting you..life is sometimes so busy..sometimes I want to take a day off only to commenting all my lovely blog friend cards...
    Wish you like to visiting me back Donna
    it always YAAY and I am sooo happy to see you on my Blog..as I know you since long time..
    may I ask your address is still the same if yes..I try to send you a holiday card...hope you will like it Donna..
    big hugs from OLD CRAFTY FRIEND
    Monika :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this stamp, (and happily own it)....! I love what you did with it and think the Watercolor background is perfect! I espeically love the vibrant colors used -- another beauty Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  10. stunning card. that is a lovely stamp that looks perfect on the watercoloured background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy mistakes are the best - love this Donna - you've inspired me to do similar with an old Christmas Sentiment - cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There you go again....I love your ARTISTIC take!!!!! You have added that IT factor with your mighty water-coloring skills and your Midas touch! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All About Metallic” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that is a must have! super sentiment and love love love your watercolor background! YUM! =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. OHHHHHHHHH! This is a beautiful card! I think that background color is FAB! I love happy accidents! LOOOOOOOOOVE the words on the patterned paper and this new stamp! It's going on my MUST HAVE list;)

    Hope you are doing well, Donna! MISS YOU! LOOOOOOOOOOVE all of your creations! TONS of love, Sav <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. *LMHO* Go and wash your mouth out.....! No, seriously, Donna - this is fabulous, LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this card, Donna- Vive la boo-boo!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really love how you water colored your background, Donna! This is no 'boo-boo"! The colors are so vibrant and perfect for this sentiment! Love your B&W background, too...Perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete