Monday, August 6, 2012

OLW99--Pure Inspiration

It's been a while since I played along with One Layer Wednesday and I decided to join since it's their 99th, and a fun one.

We were directed to Susan's Pure Inspiration board over at Pinterest and be inspired by what we saw to create a one layer card.



Here's the photo that I chose. I think I took it too literally, but the doily stamp was still on my desk for an earlier card, so I went with it.


The challenge was finding the perfect shade of pink for the sentiment that would stand out on kraft. Luckily, a combination of chalk and pigment inks did the trick.

I loved how quickly this card came to be. Note to self: Visit Pinterest more often for quick card inspiration.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great week.

SUPPLIES:

18 comments:

  1. Fabulous take on your inspirational photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, this is just perfect! GORGEOUS! I love white on kraft and you totally nailed the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great to me, sometimes a photo calls for a perfect interpretation. that pop of pink is just perfect

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous take on the ispiration pic - sweet simplicity itself! jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so cute! love that white and pink on kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made it perfect....I love it.
    Have a great week.
    Hugs Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  7. elegant and beautiful. love the white embossing on kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect inspired card! Love this, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! This is spot on with the inspiration. Simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's exactly how I would have interpreted that picture, too! Ha! I LOVE it! BTW, congrats on the honorbale mention at CASology for your funny bird card...so glad it was recognized!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think it's too literal at all. I think it's perfect! Soft and pretty. Just beautiful Donna :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done!! I don't dare get too involved with Pinterest! Love that pink ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully done! The doily stamp is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Donna, the doily stamp is perfect. I love the one rounded corner, too!

    ReplyDelete